Here are some thoughts to ponder:
- The parish bulletin is a great tool. But they only reach those people who make it to church on Sundays. If they can't come, you don't reach them. Modern technology via email handily comes to the rescue.
- By now we are assuming you yourself have already downloaded your Parish App or you have subscribed to your parish email list. If you have not, what are you waiting for? It starts with you. Really.
- Send weekly emails to your parish members. It just might surprise you how much they will welcome hearing from you weekly. You can compose a new article to send out each week. Or, if you are too busy you can simply pick any existing article in your CMS (Content Management System) and e-blast it out. You can send a note from the pastor. Or at the minimum you can send the link to Sunday's Readings in your website. Just send something out and your e-blast system takes care of the rest.
- Don't settle for one email per parish family member. Almost everyone has an email address now. Young and old alike. Make it a goal to secure the email address of every member of each family.
- Every person who downloads your Parish app automatically leaves an email address in your system. The more people that download your app, the more emails you automatically capture. So never stop promoting your new app and website from the pulpit every chance you get.
- Every page in your parish website includes an invitation to subscribe to your parish emailing list. You will find the email icon at the bottom of every page. If you haven't seen it, check it out now. Make it a conscious effort to make people aware of it -- every chance you get from the pulpit.